Friday, April 2, 2010

Growing in a Hurry

Every few days we find out that Drea has learned how to do something new overnight. Just in the last two weeks she's starting doing a lot of new things.

She has discovered her feet and plays with them all the time now.

She's figured out what we are doing when we eat and drink, and wants to join in. I have occasionally given her a teeny bit of baby food, but we haven't really started feeding solids in earnest because she's not six months yet.

She's seeing and noticing new things. For example, she's finally noticed the animal pictures on her play mat and tries to pick them up off the floor.

Whenever she's on the floor and isn't playing with her feet she rolls over onto her stomach and tries to crawl. She's figured out how to get her bottom up in the air and try to scoot. I think she'd already be scooting if we had carpet and she could get some traction!

She's so frustrated lately because she wants to move on her own. She actually rolled from tummy to back once (she's gotten good at back to tummy), but has stopped trying that because she wants to try and crawl instead. But I think any day now she might figure out how to roll around. My niece Lydia used to roll across the house to get around when she was this size, so nothing would surprise me.

She's getting big so fast; she's in 6 to 9 months outfits now. It seems like we just brought her home, but she'll be five months old tomorrow.

I've actually been sleeping a little bit better lately. I've started going back to the gym and trying to eat healthy again as well. I've gained back all but 39 pounds of the weight I lost a couple of years ago. I'm determined to lose again. I have to be healthy and energetic so I can chase this little maniac around the house once she starts moving around!

No comments:

Post a Comment