Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All Caught Up


I decided to start this blog because I've been suffering from insomnia. Drea has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now, but for some reason I wake up between 3 and 4 every morning and can't go back to sleep until 8 or 9.

So now the baby has better sleep habits than her parents! I think part of the problem is anxiety and part of it is habit now. I haven't really had a full night's sleep since my first trimester; it's been a year since I slept more than a few hours at a time.

I decided to start with a post about her birth and go forward from there, and now I've caught up to the present. I can't believe how big she's getting! She's four months old now, and she has changed a lot in just the last couple of weeks. I had to put away all of her 3 months clothes on Sunday. She's wearing 3 to 6 month sizes, and the 6 months are only a little loose. She's laughing more and seems so much more aware of what's going on around her now. She started teething a couple of weeks ago, but so far nothing has actually come up through the gum yet. She's trying to pull her head up to sit up when she's on her back or in her car seat. She's getting really good at holding and playing with her toys. She hasn't rolled over yet, but she does roll up on her side now so I expect that to happen any day now. She's gotten pretty good head control and can sit up in her bumbo chair a lot longer before she gets tired and the head bobs start.

When I made the first post the other night and went browsing through photos from her first day it really hit me just how much she's changed. It's amazing how fast they grow in the first year. I love seeing her learn and grow, but it also makes me sad. I know all too well how fast kids grow up; it seems like just yesterday my youngest brother was a baby and now he's not that far away from 30! For that matter, sometimes I feel like I went to bed one night as a kid and woke up to find I was 33. How'd that happen so fast?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that's pretty neat. I have a few blogspots too. .blogspot.com is a good outfit, and it gets you published.

    ReplyDelete