Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First time eating from a spoon

I've been putting cereal in Drea's bottle because of her acid reflux since she was two weeks old at the recommendation of the pediatrician. One teaspoon for each ounce thickens it and helps keep it from coming back up as much. A lot of people told me I shouldn't do it, but whenever I left it out of her bottle she spit up more so I followed her doctor's advice. She's been staring at people when they eat now and showing a lot of interest in what we put in our mouths. I decided since she's getting cereal anyway it wouldn't hurt to make a tiny bit of it just a little thicker than usual and feed it to her with a spoon. So we gave it a shot on Feb 25th.
She loved it and did a pretty good job for her first time. I've been giving her just a few spoonfuls of cereal in the evening ever since. It hasn't bothered her tummy or given her any problems.

I'm going to ask at her four month appointment if we should branch out into other Stage 1 foods or wait until she's six months old to try fruit and veggies. Until then I think we'll just stick with cereal for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment